Friday, February 25, 2005

At my friends' graduation ceremony

Today's words :
commentary, compact, compliant, compress, concept, confer sth on sb/with sb, confiscate, confront, consequence, conserve, constrain, contemporary, convene, coincide with sth, consolidate, conviction, countenance, collaborate with sb/on sth, commotion, congest, convey sth to sb, combatant, commandeer, compensate sb for sth/for sth, concede



Two days before yesterday, there was a graduation ceremony of Sogang university. My friends who had entered Sogang with me in 1998 (7 years ago) has been graduated from school. They were confered B.A. degree on. They did their best and now they have got their job, as a businessman they are doing well and making their career.

On the other hand, I am a senior student who do not know what to do in the future exactly. I sometimes feel regret for my school days because when I've reviewed my resume I've been felt like that I did not only do anything but also waste my time. However, I know that there is one year more to prepare my future. Yes, as you and I know, it's my final opportunity, so I have to try to do my best.

At first, I've made a plan to do this year. I've registered for a summer business class in Germany this summer to experience European culture and develope my English. After the class, I'll take a trip around Europe for one or two months. To prepare the summer class and trip, I'll take 2 or 3 English classes this semester. As a matter of fact, English is one of the most important key to get a job or to be a globalized person. If I can't use English fluently, I would not be able to win my dream. So, I'm aspiring to develope my English so much.

Secondly, I'll get several licenses include a good TOEIC and JPT score. Thesedays the TOEIC score is thought as a standard of enterance test to work for a company in Korea. I don't think TOEIC score presents well how he or she is good at English because there are a lot of people who have a good TOEIC score(app. over 900) even though they can't speak English practically. But, I need a good TOEIC score and JPT score to show people how much I am good at these languages. It's very ironic, isn't it?

Finally, I'd like to be a more warm-hearted person who volunteers to help other people. Actually it's for others and myself. Last winter I participated in an Eco project in Thailand. At that time I would feel the importance and satisfaction of volunteering. In my opinion, after the school, it will be hard to spend time to volunteer as much as school days.

At the conclusion of, in 2005 , I have a lot of things to do and have to do my best to aggrandize myself and my future. And CONGRATULATIONS! MY FRIENDS!! Let's Fly High!!!



No comments: