Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Have you ever purchased anything at ebay?

Today's words :
assimilate, assurance, accede to sth, acclimate oneself to sth, acquiesce to sth, adulterate, affiliate sb whith sth/with sb, alleviate, allude to sth, appall, applicable, apprehensive, ascertain, assent to sth, asset, assiduous, attainment, abase, accentuate, accrue to sb, adventitious, affable, aggrandize, approbation, ascribe sth to sb/sth, aspersion, assess sb/sth at sth, attribute sth to sth/sb, aver, acquisitive


Approximately 2 weeks ago, I've registered ebay what is the biggiest online market place in the world. To be a member of ebay, I've opened an account with paypal (international credit card was required) and was waited 4 business days to be confirmed. After all these boring procedures I could be an ebayer. The reason, as you know, why I started using ebay is to buy a camera, lenses, filters and so on at a price. There are a great number of sellers and buyers, so a lot of almost every goods on the face of the world that those can be traded legally are being sold and purchased, therefore, I'm able to buy something what I want to have at a price.

The logo of ebay

The procedures of purchasing an item at ebay is very interesting and reasonable. If I found an item in the middle of the list, I ascertain the seller's feedbacks. If he or she had many positive feedbacks (in many cases, they're power sellers), I bid for the item. In my opinion, this bidding system is one of the reasons what has made ebay is the biggiest online market place in the world. A price of an item is made by demands of buyers. If nobody wants to buy that, its price will be zero because nobody will buy this item. But, if any person bid for this item, the price will reflect the demand. There are elaborate procedures to bid for an item, however, what I'd like to say you is that it is a reasonable pricing system. It perfectly reflects the law of demand and supply.

Another factor to attract people is feedbacks. After a transaction, buyer and seller share feedbacks. Actually feedback system is made to inform somebody whether this ebayer is good or not. However, in my case, I felt I was playing a RPG game like diablo II or world of warcraft. I traded items and was leveled up by feedbacks. If a person has many positive feedbacks, he or she will receive some advantages, so I felt ebay was similar to RPG games. Receving a positive feedback is very pleasant.

At the conclusion of, ebay has really reasonable bidding system and many factors to make transaction more interesting. If you haven't used Ebay yet, just try and be careful not to be an ebay addict or you will have a lot of goods and an empty wallet. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kkk. Your explanation of ebay was detailed and interesting. Especially, your expression that ebay is like a RPG game was so nice~. However, you are already ebay mania although you said that we should not be addicted ebay.

Kay said...

yes..^^;; I recognize I'm an ebay addict. But It's OK because, you know, I'm a abstemious person. hahaha......