Tuesday, September 19, 2006

No more wars

I heard the situation around Israel is getting worse and worse. Everyday news from middle east are not positive and those make me sad. Rockets are striking vulnerable buildings that have been existed for more 2,000 years around the beautiful Galiliee sea where Jesus walked and israeli missiles & bombs are attacking one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Beirut.

I stayed in Israel for 6 months. At those times, I could meet many israelis and arabs. Of course, there were bad israelis and arabs but most of the people whom I met were nice. Frankly speaking, before going to Israel, I had some prejudice towards jews and arabs. For example, 'Jews are greedy, smart, impolite and arabs are conservative, dangerous, old-fashioned, etc.' However, after a couple of weeks, I recognized that I was wrong.

They all have warm hearts like us, sometimes more than us. They love peace, arts, music, dancing, singing, friends, and so on. I don't know why they should hurt each other. Religion, political confilcts, border problems? Yeah, I know I can't say those are not important for them. But I hope the war will be over soon. I dont want to see photos of war victims anymore.

A few days ago, I sent mails to my israeli friends. They said they were ok but I could feel they were not ok even though they were israelis whose country was winning the war. There is no winner in the war. More wars, More pains. Please stop the war!!!

If you are interested in this war, just visit this site. This war is the main issue of the world.
http://www.time.com/time/

Original updated date: 2006.07.20 01:46

No comments: