Friday, March 30, 2007

The Heart of F15K

F110-STW-129A

Thesedays I feel like walking on the clouds because I can experience very special things everyday. The day before yesterday I took Katamaran teamwork training, yesterday I rode K-9, and today I saw F110-STW-129A. F110-STW-129A is the engine of F15K which is one of the most powerful aero-fighter in the world. In fact, one of my hobbies was making aero models like F4, F-14, F16, F-15 and so on. I had never thought I would be able to see a REAL fighter's engine and I just imagined how it looked like. So moved.

What I want to say is I felt the importance of the high-end technology again. The guide said it was consisted of 50,000 parts.(ordinary car engine has about 20,000) And the price of each part was very expensive, for example, a small part of nozzle costs over $45,000. Sadly, still Korea does not have the core thechnology to build the engine although she has the best building skills. The founder of Samsung group said, "A country which can't make her own weapon to defend herself is not a developed country." I totally agree with him. Of course, Korea produces her own weapons but not a lot. I believe the day will be come when we will be able to develop our own aero-fighters. Then it would be her fruitful business.

Anyway, TGIF! A wonderful week has passed. Expecting more exciting week, I'm jotting down this. May the peaceful night be with you...

No comments: