Sunday, April 22, 2007

Marathon With Father


Yesterday, there was the 'E-love marathon race' which was to celebrate the firstday of Korean electricity history alongside the Han river. We participated in 10Km race of it together. It was the first time to run with father after graduating elementary school. My father likes jogging, mountain climbing, Go, and so on very much but I haven't done anything together because I always made some reasons to do another thing what I could do along and he has never pushed me to do anything.

I didn't care and I didn't know how much he had wanted to do something with me. On last monday, I called him to ask to add my name on the list. At that moment, I couldn't feel anything through the phone but my mother said he looked very happy and he prepared my running shorts and singlet. Listening her saying, I felt the depth of father's love again.

During the race, I ran the whole distance beside him. I was able to run faster than him but I could enjoyed the running itself because he was with me. Actually we didn't talked each other much but we could understand what we were feeling and what we wanted to say.

After the race, he introduced me to his friends proudly. His friends envied him and he enjoyed it because there was no one who ran his son or daughter together. Looking that, I thought I would try to do outdoor activities more with family. It was the day that I could experience the real happiness.

No comments: