Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Money for unnecessaries

Thesedays my 4 years old notebook has slowed down and do not work properly. It takes about 1 mimute to open a webpage. It is a real pain. I know it's hard for it to show the highest performance like the brand new computers which has dual processors, huge memories, fast hdds, etc. However, still its specifications is enough to use OA programs like MS word, excel, powerpoint and so on. I'd tried to figure out what made it slow and finally I got it. Thanks to a lot of spywares, trackwares, ad-wares, and viruses, it has struggled a few minutes to kick off a program.

As you know, it's hard to remove these malignant applications from the computer without a good knowledge of IT, so I had to purchase an anti-spyware program. To use this program for 1 year, I should spend more than $40. What a ridiculous situation! To remove unnecessary programs, I should waste my money unnecessarily. Of course, I thank anti-spyware service providers for their nice program(it's necessary), but this ironic situation make me think whether the advance of technology really makes human life convenient and it hurts my wallet.

Anyhow, through this unfunny experience, I could get a precept 'knowledge saves money', again, 'knowledge makes money.' Study!!!

No comments: